3 Reasons Your Brewery Needs Email Marketing in 2022



If you think email marketing is antiquated - think again. It's once again becoming one of the most cost-effective ways to keep your brand in front of your customers.


Social media marketing is on the down trend. It's getting harder and harder to push your content in front of your customers without having to open up your wallet.


In fact, less than 10% of your customers will end up seeing your organic post on their Instagram feed. Crazy, right?


Now, I'm not saying you should shift your focus away from social media marketing. I'm saying that by putting all of your eggs in one basket - by not diversifying your marketing strategy, you're only hurting yourself.


It's in your best interest to pair social media marketing with email marketing.


Remember, 10% of your customers will see your post. How do you hit the other 90%?


You use email marketing.


It Keeps Your Brand Top of Mind


"Your customers have so many craft beer options to pick from. How can you increase the chances of them buying YOUR beer when they walk into a liquor store?"


Customers will likely end up making a purchase after they have had at least 10 'touch points' - meaning they have seen your brand at least 10 times before they make a purchase decision.


By combining email marketing and social media marketing, you're keeping your brand top of mind because you're not just limiting yourself to the Instagram or Facebook feed.


It's Cost Effective


Depending on your email database size, you can reach thousands of your customers per month for as little as $15. Of course, you'll have to pay someone to make those emails for you, or you can take a crack at it yourself.


But we recommend finding a professional to make these emails for your business. A pro will help boost email open rates, get your customers engaged, and start driving traffic to your website (and even your tasting room).


Every Brewery is on Social, Most Breweries Don't Use Email


Saturation is a big issue on social media. Everyone is posting the same thing. Over and over and over and over again. It's becoming harder and harder to get your content to stand out.


Now think to yourself - how often do you get emails from your favorite breweries? Probably not often, right?


Pair email with social media marketing for more touch points. Less of your 'competitors' are in the email inbox. Tons of low hanging fruit for you.


Best Email Platforms to Use (from my experience)

  • Mailchimp

  • Your Point of Sales' Marketing Software (Square is great)


Want the best marketing tips sent right to your inbox? Join our 3-bullet Tuesday newsletter. No BS, no guru crap. Only the best marketing ideas for breweries.


2 views